Sunday 25 November 2012

The Christmas book box

Some things take much longer than you would ever anticipate.  Like "just trying on a few things in a couple of shops".  I always think that's the work of about half an hour, but it never quite works out that way.

I was planning on doing an advent book box this year, but didn't quite have 24 Christmassy type books.  Also, I like to have Christmas books around from late November onwards, so that they get the maximum amount of reading before taking the trip back up to the loft for another year.  I decided just to make it a Christmas book box.  It took a VERY long time to wrap an old Amazon box in festive paper.  Arranging the books inside it (the fun part) took less than a minute.  However, here's hoping the kids appreciate seeing the old favourites set out for them.  Even the Dorling Kindersley My First Christmas Picture Book, which I am categorically not allowed to throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment