Monday 26 December 2011

The Night Before Christmas by Clement C Moore

Mr M or I read this every Christmas Eve. However, up until this year we have read it on the computer via a PowerPoint, because I always forget I want the book until it is Christmas Eve night, and Amazon won't deliver it. This year, however, I remembered to buy it before Christmas Eve. I chose this version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Before-Christmas-Clement-Moore/dp/0007133987/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1324929391&sr=8-5

It was a lot smaller than I was expecting, but the kids don't mind. The pictures are old-fashioned, in keeping with the gorgeous poem. I used to find the poem a little scary as a child, but I adore reading it, and so decided it was going to be incorporated into our family Christmas as one of our traditions. I think it is probably more for me than for them, but they don't argue, as it's Christmas Eve, and they're just too darn excited!

At the end of Mr M's wonderful rendition this December 24th A said "I've heard that poem loads of times." Yes, yes you have. And that's what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment